Solicitors in Leeds
accident claims solicitors leeds

Claiming Compensation for an Accident in a Public Place

If you have been injured in an accident in a public place, which wasn’t your fault, you can make a claim for compensation.

Owners of public premises, for example supermarkets, business premises and shops, all have a duty of care to ensure that the premises are safe for users.

This type of accident is sometimes caused by things such as spillages, loose floor coverings or obstructions in walkways. If someone has been negligent and not adequately protected the users of their premises, you can make a claim for compensation.

It is important to remember that occupiers of premises used by the public have to take out public liability insurance to cover injuries to the public.

Local Authority Compensation Claims

Local Authorities are responsible for adequately maintaining areas that are under their control such as roads and pavements.

If you are injured due to a poorly maintained surface, or due to the negligence of the local authority, you can make a claim for compensation.

We can pursue claims for compensation where people have been injured in and public place, for example:

If you have any questions about this, or making a claim for compensation in general, please contact us for more information. See also our Accident Claims FAQ page for more information.

IQ Law are Personal Injury Specialist who deal with No win No fee Accident Compensation Claims including road traffic accidents, accidents at work, accidents in public places, child accidents and criminal injuries compensation.